Our community work focuses on strengthening the power of Boston’s urban trees to heal, support, and build community. Below are some examples of our impact in bringing Tree Equity to Boston.
Our Proudest Moments!
- The teens in our 2020 Teen Urban Tree Corps program shared powerful stories about their neighborhood forests.
- We were proud to stand tall with our Friends of Melnea Cass Boulevard in ensuring that the trees in Lower Roxbury were saved.
- Watch the video “Geneva Ave Tree Planting and Community Garden” (available below) to learn more about our work in Dorchester with some amazing local community groups.
- Charlestown Patriot-Bridge had a nice write-up about our work and efforts in their neighborhood. Link to the article.
- It’s always fun spreading our message to youth. These young women are part of National Park Service’s Branching Out program and they reflected on our workshop together.
- We had the chance to work in Roslindale to care for trees near the MBTA station. A resident wrote up a nice blog post about why this work is critical.
- The Climate Minute’s Podcast interviewed us in our first year as we were getting started. Hear more at “Speaking for the Trees”.