Our newest program – every spring and fall we plant trees in residents’ yards
NeighborWoods is a program from Speak for the Trees, Boston. We will plant a tree in your yard to reduce the heat island effect and add beauty to your home. Our initiative is neighborhood specific and is primarily intended to help increase the tree canopy in Boston’s environmental justice communities.
The program is no longer accepting applications for Fall 2023. Apply now for Spring 2024 and beyond.
How can I get a free tree?
- Apply below
- If your application is approved, we’ll come visit home and recommend a tree (or trees)
- You’ll sign a maintenance agreement and schedule a date for planting
- We’ll plant your tree!
No Application Fee – This program is intended to address inequity in the distribution of Boston’s tree canopy and is entirely free!
- Must be a resident of one of these neighborhoods: Dorchester, Roxbury, Hyde Park, or Mattapan
- Each home is limited to two free trees, based on the size of the planting area
- We have a limited number trees, so we appreciate your patience.
Learn more with the resources below:
NOTE: All homeowners are required to sign a 3-Year Tree Maintenance Agreement to care for and water the tree. If you are not the homeowner you will need to get permission and a signed maintenance agreement from the owner.