Last Updated: April 23, 2021
How we collect and use your information
- If you participate in our Teen Urban Tree Corps Program with parental consent, we will collect your name, home address, phone number, email address, and payroll information. We use this information to process your participation in the Program. In addition, we may also collect your gender or race, if you decide to disclose this information to us, which we use only in the aggregate for our annual reporting purposes.
- If you apply for a volunteer position with us, we will collect your name, email address and phone number. We use this information to process your application and to maintain records of our volunteers.
- If you sign up for our newsletter, we will collect your name and email address. We use this information to add you to our mailing list for news and updates.
- If you participate in surveys or promotions conducted by SFTTB, we may collect your name, contact information, gender, and race. We use this information for community outreach, research on our community impact, and annual reporting.
- If you interact with us on social media, we may collect your social media handle, full name, and other information that you may permit to be shared through your social media settings.
- If you donate to SFTTB, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, home address, credit card number, and bank account information. This information is used to process donor payments and for annual reporting. We have engaged a third party to process your donations – SFFTB does not collect or store your payment card information.
- When you use our website, we may collect information about how you use the website and the device you use to access it. This includes information like your device IP address, device ID, type of browser/operating system, and information about the pages you viewed. We use this information to ensure our website can be viewed on your device, to personalize and tailor your experience on the website, and to improve the functionality of the website by understanding general usage traffic and trends.
In addition, we may use your personal information for our internal purposes, including to provide you with services you requested, send you administrative, transactional, or marketing communications, improving our services, content and web site offerings, and ensuring the security and integrity of our systems.
How we disclose your personal information
We may share your personal information with organizations or individuals outside of SFTTB in the following instances:
- We may share your personal information with organizations or individuals that provide services to us. These services may include, among other things, creating or maintaining our databases and website, payroll or payment processing, and marketing. It is our policy to not allow our service providers to use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than for providing services to us.
- We may be required to provide your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, to comply with another legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share your personal information if we believe that doing so is, in good faith, reasonably necessary to enforce our policies, respond to or defend claims, to respond to an emergency, or to protect the rights, property or safety of SFTTB, our community, and/or the public.
- If SFTTB is acquired by or merged with or into another entity, or if all or substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, your personal information may be transferred to such entity as part of the transaction
If we need or want to share your personal information in any other circumstance, we will notify you before we do.
Most internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. If you choose to disable or reject cookies, portions of the Platform may not be accessible to you or may not function properly.
Our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit at “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
You have choices about how we use the personal information we maintain about you. You may:
- Contact us to correct any incorrect personal information that we maintain about you. You can email us at [email protected] to request that we correct your personal information.
- Opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you. If you opt-out of marketing emails, you may still receive administrative or transactional emails from us.
We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, acquisition, loss, misuse, or alteration of the personal information under our control. These security measures are designed to safeguard personal information and any online transactions performed on the website. Despite the steps we take to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security. Therefore, we urge you to keep your personal information in a safe place and to be aware of these risks when sending sensitive personal information to us.
Note to international users
Third party links