Steps for Setting up a Facebook Campaign to Support Speak for the Trees, Boston
- First, click on “Fundraisers” under the Explore menu on the left panel of your Facebook home page.
- Next, click the blue button in the “Raise Money for a Nonprofit” box that says “Select Nonprofit”.
- A window will pop up with the option to search for “Speak for the Trees” and click on it to choose it as the nonprofit you’d like to raise money for.
- You can then fill in information about how much money you’d like to raise. Remember, every $100 gives the gift of a tree! You can choose whatever end date you like. Or, set the end date of your fundraiser to [the last day of this year].
- The following page will ask you to title your campaign and create a short blurb explaining why you are raising money for SFTT. You can input the following if you don’t want to make your own:
This GivingTuesday, please join me in raising money for Speak for the Trees, my favorite new nonprofit in Boston. They have a wonderful, powerful, and REALLY important mission: to make Boston a healthier and more livable city for all residents by growing and improving the city’s tree canopy. With climate change promising more rain, hotter summers, and dirtier air, trees are vital; they bring people together, make a real difference in combating climate change on the local level, and build a healthier and more livable city. In 2021 SFTT has the goal of doubling its annual giving and having 200 people donate. I hope you can join me in supporting this great cause.
Every $100 gifts a tree and every donation brings SFTT one step closer to their goal! Please join me in supporting their work.
- The final step will offer you a preselected cover photo to represent your campaign, and then you’ll finish up by pressing “Create.” That’s it! Thanks for helping us fill the city of Boston with more trees!